Commonly Reported HVAC Problems:
Copyright © 1997 Hannabery HVAC. All rights reserved.
Not Enough Airflow, Poor Airflow:
If there doesn't seem to be enough airflow or if it's less than it used to be, then there are some things to check before calling for service.
Keep in mind that many of today's high efficiency air filters and air cleaners can restrict the airflow. They really must be kept clean or they can cause airflow-related problems.
Poor Airflow, Weak Airflow...
Below is a list of possible causes. Items in red usually require a service call. Items in blue however can be addressed, some even fixed by the homeowner.
Red = Professional fix | Blue = Homeowner fix
- Faulty indoor blower motor
- Indoor coil frozen due to malfunction, restricting airflow
- Fan speed set too low, possibly boosting to a higher speed
- Blower wheel and/or coil could be dirty
- Ductwork not properly sized or installed
- Debri, obstruction, or closed damper in ductwork
- Loose, worn fan belt
- Incorrect pulley sizes
- Dirty air filter or air cleaner... The cleaner the filter - the better the airflow.
- Air vents blocked or closed... Make sure vents are open, including all return vents.
- Make sure dampers are opened... The handle should be in-line with duct. Turning handle 90 degrees closes damper.
Please keep in mind that the information found on our website is provided free of charge and Hannabery HVAC does not assume any liability resulting from the information we provide. We hope this information helps, but please note that these are just rough guidelines, and not all possible situations are covered. Your HVAC system should be inspected and repaired by a trained technician.
How Comfortable Do You Want To Be?
Call us at 1-800-544-4328
[Must be in our service area]