FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions:
Here to Help...
Call Us Today!
Listed below, are frequently asked questions related to Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. By clicking on a question, it will take you to a webpage discussing the question along with detailed answers. We also have a webpage dedicated to Commonly Reported HVAC Problems.
In most cases a service call will be needed to fix these problems, but some of them can be fixed without having to call a technician out. If you are experiencing a problem which requires attention, and if you are in our service area, you may e-mail our Service Department directly by clicking here or call us to schedule an appointment. Existing customers can use our online form...
Please keep in mind that the information found on our website is provided free of charge and Hannabery HVAC does not assume any liability resulting from the information we provide. Your HVAC system should be inspected and repaired by a trained technician.
We hope this information helps make you a more educated customer, but please note that these are just rough guidelines, and not all possible situations are covered. If you are experiencing a problem not listed below, feel free to let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Copyright © 1997 Hannabery HVAC. All rights reserved.
Emergency Heat Explained...
- What is Emergency Heat?
- When should I use my Emergency Heat?
- What does Emergency Heat do?
- Is Emergency Heat more expensive to operate?
- Why is my Emergency Heat light on?
Air Filters Explained...
- How often should I check my air filter?
- How often should I replace my air filter?
- How often should I clean my air filter?
- Where is my air filter located?
- Do I have more than one air filter?
Indoor Humidity Explained...
- What is the proper indoor humidity level?
- How humid should my home be?
- What should I set my humidistat to?
- Is too much humidity a bad thing?
- Does it really matter how humid my house is?
- Why do I need a humidifier?
How Do I...
- How do I clean my Electrostatic Air Filter?
- How do I clean my Electronic Air Cleaner?
- How do I replace my Aprilaire/Space-Gard Filter Media?
- How do I Back-Flush my Plate Exchanger?
- How do I re-light my pilot light?
- How does a variable-speed furnace benefit me?
- How does a two-stage furnace work?
- How does Air Conditioning actually work?
- How does the phaseout of R-22 (Freon) affect me?
- Should I have my equipment serviced?
- Should I have my Air Ducts Cleaned?
- Should I purchase a new system with R-410A refrigerant?
- What Size Heating and Air Conditioning System Do I Need?
- What type of heating and air conditioning system should I get?
- What is the best way to heat and cool my home?
- What is better: Gas, Electric, or Oil?
- What indoor air quality (IAQ) solutions do you offer?
Notice: This section has become so popular that other contractors have been taking it and passing it off as their own; displaying it on their websites. Shame on you! If you have done this or are thinking of doing it...
How Comfortable Do You Want To Be?
[Must be in our service area]